Alaska and Mat-Su Chapters'
2016 Scholarship Application
Click here to: Download PDF Application
Click here to: Download Windows10 Application
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Eligibility: Alaska Chapter 99s and Mat-Su Valley Chapter 99s scholarships are open to female Alaska residents over 16 years of age. Applicants for the Ellen Paneok Award will be given a Native Alaskan preference, if there are no eligible applicants then it is at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee to bestow the award on a non-native applicant. Applicants for the Mat-Su flight scholarship may use the award towards her Private license or Advanced Rating/Endorsement; Mat-Su Valley residents will be given preference, if there are no eligible applicants from the “Valley” then other applicants will be considered.
- Applicants for the Private Pilot student scholarships and Ellen Paneok Award must have already soloed.
- Applicants may apply for more than one scholarship, but a separate application must be enclosed for each award sought.
- The scholarship winner must agree to complete the goal for which the scholarship will be used within 18 calendar months of award. The Scholarship money will be sent to the recipient’s flight school, instructor or the recipient, at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee. If for some reason the scholarship money is not used, it will be returned to the awarding 99s chapter.
- The Alaska Chapter scholarship winner is required either to attend a 99s meeting to report on the progress toward her goal, or to submit a written report if unable to attend within the 18 month allotted timeframe. The Mat-Su Valley award winner must provide monthly updates on her progress via email, phone call or meeting attendance.
- Scholarships will be announced at the 2016 Great Alaskan Aviation Gathering and 2016 Alaska Chapter May meeting; meetings are the second Wednesday of the month.
Mat-Su Chapter - $1800 Private Pilot Scholarship
2015 Winner - Nacole Gusty of Galena, AK
Alaska Chapter - $1000 Private Pilot Scholarship
2015 Winner - Jamie Lee Evan of McGrath, AK
Alaska Chapter - $1500 Advanced Training Scholarship
2015 Winner - Willow Hetrick of Anchorage, AK
"Keep Achieving" - $1750 Private Pilot Scholarship in honor of
Ellen Paneok (award to be given Native Alaskan preference)
2015 Winner - J.E. Keeley Kaveolook of North Pole, AK
Return Scholarship Application to:
Alaska Chapter 99s
PO Box 91962
Anchorage AK 99509
Scholarship Application questions contact Erika Bennett at email@example.com